Valentine’s is gone, but the season left me thinking a lot about Roses. They are beautiful to look at, they smell great, and it is always great to receive them as gifts. Another wonderful thing is the benefits of roses to the skin; The major derivatives of Roses, specifically Rose Essential Oil. Rose hip oil and Rosewater pamper and nourish the skin, giving it literally everything it needs to have a radiant glow.
Literally every part of the lovely looking and wonderful smelling Rose is useful and beneficial to the skin and hair. From the Petals, to the stalk and leaves, each part of the Rose gives us something of benefit to us, and this post will look at 3 of the most popular ones, Rose Essential Oil, Rosehip Oil and Rose Water.
ROSE ESSENTIAL OIL:
- Astringent – A natural skin toner that tightens the pores and promotes smooth and even skin tone, Rose Essential Oil is a must have in any skincare regimen.
- Antibacterial – Naturally antibacterial rose essential oil helps relieve acne and soothe acne-prone skin.
- Anti-inflammatory – Rose Essential Oil helps reduce swelling and skin irritation, particularly in skin conditions like rosacea and eczema.
- Mood lifter – Rose Essential Oil helps with anxiety and even depression; who doesn’t want to come home to a bed smelling like Roses – literally a bed of roses.
- Aphrodisiac – Rose Essential Oil boosts the libido and is a perfect way to spice up your love life! Do you need any more reasons to love it?
ROSE HIP OIL:
- Reduces Blemishes – Rosehip Oil nourishes blemish prone skin, reduces the appearance of stretch marks, dark spots, scars, and burns.
- Anti-aging – Rosehip Oil is the only vegetable oil that contains Vitamin A which helps eradicate wrinkles and fine lines.
- Soothing – The sugars found in Rose Petals make Rosehip Oil very soothing to the skin.
- Rejuvenation – Rosehip Oil helps to restore skin elasticity, and will help to remove puffiness from your eyes on a tired morning.
- Tone and Texture – If you want to improve your complexion, a daily splash of rosewater will help to tighten your pores and give you a dewy and radiant complexion.
- Antioxidant – Rich in Vitamin C; rosewater protects the skin cells from damage and is said to prevent sunburn.
- Hydrating– Rosewater is perfect for dry skin, leaving your skin feeling hydrated and renewed with just one splash.
- pH Balance – Roses keep your skin at the perfect balance between acidity and alkalinity promoting healthy and youthful skin.
- Calming – A rosewater bath is very soothing as the scent of roses is used in Ayurvedic treatments to soothe the senses and relax the muscles.
Do you need any more convincing of the benefits of roses to the skin?
Various Rose derivatives naturally help to tighten, balance and tone the skin. We’re talking about reducing the appearance of wrinkles (anti-aging), sun damage, redness and bringing out a lovely glow. Rose based products are the perfect companion to your daily routine, and we have selected some of them for you to get that great complexion you have always wanted.